I love go Berlin to visit my friends who I met in Cuba during their internship in the early 2010s. There is a special atmosphere. It is multicultural, alternative, hipster, sexy and very bike friendly. Actually, Berlin is ranked as one of the 20 Most Bike-Friendly Cities on the Planet. So, I enjoy their bike scene and I can’t stop looking every bike.
Riding with a friend, I saw a few times some bike tours groups of one company. It’s was easy to memorize their branding for the promotional yellow plate on each bike basket. After the ride, I went on Instagram and I realized that I was following the same company already, Berlin on Bike. I drop them a message on their last posted photo telling about how I miss my bike tours in Havana. The owner, Sascha, answer quickly. He invited me to take one tour. I chose Berlin Alternative bike tour. It was my first time in a bike tour where I wasn’t the guide. It was wonderful.
Later, Martin, the manager #2 in this , took me in another personal tour in their amazing building. This such amaizing experience because for first time I have exchange with people doing the same as I do in Havana. They Introduce me Cycle Cities!
Being part of Cycle Cities became very important in my job leading Citykleta. Exchange experiences with similar businesses allow me and my team to expand our knowledge of tourism and helps us to develop skills to run a successful organization. This achievement is also a recognition for our work and our commitment to keep working with the best quality standards. And all this is because we want to give our guests the best bike experience in Havana.
The Network’s Partners
I believe that great bike tours should be accessible to everyone. So, now I want to introduce you to the world’s best local bike tours companies. Have a look for yourself and feel free to contact our partners directly!
Cycle Cities was founded in 2011 by Steve Kopandy in London. Although most of the partners are Europe, the network is spreading around the world.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands “We Bike Amsterdam” through the coolest neighbourhoods in town, courtyards, gardens and churches galore.
- Athens, Greece “Athens bike tour” is the best way to have fun while cycling and uncovering the charms of Athens.
- Antwerp, Belgian “Highlights of Antwerp by bike” to see all touristic places in a short time.
- Barcelona, Spain “Modernist Route by Bike” in Barcelona, the capital of the Modernist art in Europe.
- Berlin, Germany “The Street Art Berlin Bike Tour” introduces you the Mecca for artists from all around the world.
- Brugge, Belgian “Quasimundo Biketours Brugge” is a must-do for anyone visiting Brugge.
- Budapest, Hungary “Yellow Zebra Budapest Evening Bike Ride” through the heart of downtown Budapest
- Cambridge, UK “Cambridge Bike Tour”: a fantastic half-day in most of the famous landmarks and gems.
- Cologne, Germany “Colonia Aktiv” has with fascinating stories of the most beautiful attractions in Cologne.
- Dublin, Ireland “City Bike Tour” of Dublin’s fair city and surrounding areas with local guides to show you the sights.
- Reykjavik, Iceland Learn the secrets of Iceland from a local with “Reykjavik Bike Tours”.
- Hamburg, Germany “Hamburg City Cycles” has a bike tour for the best overview of Hamburg’s most famous attractions.
- Istanbul, Turkey “Istanbul on Bike” will make you discover the wonders of Sultanahmet, the historical peninsula of Istanbul.
- Lisbon, Portugal With its seven hills, Lisbon may not be the ideal town for cycling, but we have the easy and nice “Lisbon Bike Tour”.
- Ljubljana, Slovenia Visit most of Ljubljana at a gentle, relaxing pace with “Watermelon by Bike”.
- London, UK Take a short trip out of Central London to enjoy beautiful areas in South West London with “Merry Pedaller Bike Tours”.
- London, UK “London Bicycle Night Tour” will give you a special perspective on the city, as the sun sets and day turns into night.
- Lyon, France Discover Lyon’s most famous sightseeing with “Lyon Bike Tour”.
- Marseille, France Marseille City has many secrets protected by “la Bonne Mère” to share with you by Electric Bike Tours.
- Munich , Germany “Radius Tours” show you the more than 3000-year-old history of beer in Bavaria, lead you to the centre of Munich’s beer culture.
- Muenster, Germany “Münster Rad Guide” will show you the bicycle-capital of Germany.
- Nice, France Got to “Nice Cycle Tours” for 3 hour introduction to the best of Nice.
- Prague, Czech Travel by bike between Czech Republic, Germany, Poland and Austria with “Ave Travel Bike Tours”.
- Porto, Portugal Hop on a bicycle and explore Porto’s historic centre with “Top Bike Tours Portugal”.
- Pula, Croatia “Pula Bike” will show you all must-see spots along the coastline paths on leisure and fun bike ride combined with a boat trip.
- Tallinn, Estonia Try “Food & Bike” tour in Tallinn to experience how Estonian cuisine has infused with the best of our neighbouring countries.
- Salzburg, Germany Fräulein Maria has the greatest way to explore the city with your kids.
- Toulouse, France Ride by bike with Le Velotrement around a unique architecture made of the famouse pink bricks.
- Venice, Italy Cycling Venice Lagoon: Let’s go to Venice to discover its culture.
- Vienna, Austria With Pedal Power, you will explore impressive views of Vienna and the “blue” Danube looking to taste the Viennese wines.
- Zagreb, Croatia In Zagreb a bike tour wait for you with fascinating stories, culture and everyday life.
Cycle Cities of North America, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America.
- Bogotá, Colombia Bogotá Bike Tours has the best way to enjoy these experiences and see Bogotá and its people.
- Boston, US Urban AdvenTours shows The Best of Boston by Bike through six different neighborhoods.
- Quito, Ecuador Enjoy a new travel and leisure experience in Quito!
- Havana, Cuba You may know us already, Citykleta, as your host in Havana.
- Montreal, Canada Bike with Fitz & Follwell the historical areas, the must-see sights, and understand Montreal.
- Philadelphia, US Learn how and why Philadelphia is the Mural Capital of the World! – Philly Bike Tours.
- Washington DC, US Bike and Roll DC covers the monuments and memorials on the National Mall and Potomac Tidal Basin.
Cycle Cities of Asia.
- Singapore Visit a typical residential town and watch the people go about their daily lives – Let’s Go Bike Singapore.
Cycle Cities of Oceania.